Wednesday, July 27, 2005

leaving

I am now in Kampala, the capital of Uganda. Last Satursday night,the departing volunteers--two young men from LA and myself--a farewell part. It was absolutely wonderful.
On my next-to last-day of teaching--thursday, Jyly 21, a chicken walked in to my classroom
while I was teacing my lessos. I asked the chicken where its notebook was. It turned and left.
Once a chicken...
This was truely a wonderful experience. Much of it was sad, in that the students to not get lunch at the school and many don't eat at all. there are also no textbooks. I am going to speak
at my synagogue on Sept. 10 and make an appeal for funds to by one book for every child. I
estimate this will cost under $3000. I figure I've got a good chance to do this. A lot is needed, but I figure I should concentrate on what I know best.

5 Comments:

Blogger amybowllan said...

Hi David,

keep your travels coming.

Amy

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog was a joy to read it really was touching. I hope that more people will help thoese who are less fourtunate than us in the USA....

2:35 PM  
Blogger markalexander4370 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

12:06 PM  
Blogger mattwillis34445912 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

7:23 PM  
Blogger edwardjohn20420352 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home